I am fortunate to have found a profession that is not only challenging and constantly evolving, but one that allows me to develop rich relationships over time with patients and families. Best of all, no matter how busy or difficult my day might be, my patients find a way to entertain me with moments of humor. Practicing pediatrics is a pleasure on many levels.
As the father of two children, Dr. Kuhl's greatest pleasure is time spent with family. "Watching one's children (and their long-time friends) gradually turn into accomplished and interesting young adults is a joy,” he says. Dr. Kuhl’s other spare time pursuits include reading, gardening, jogging and church activities.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member, International Child Health Section of the AAP
- Member, Texas Pediatric Society
- Served as Chief of Pediatrics at two area hospitals
- Served on the Executive Board of the local Pediatric Alliance
- "Top Doctors" (formerly Best Doctors), Austin Monthly, 2011, 2013
- Reader's Choice Award, Austin Family Magazine, 2005
- Outstanding Community Pediatrician, Dell Children's Medical Center, 2007
- Readers' Choice Award, Parenting in the 90's, 1994, 1995
- Special award for "Devotion to Infant Health though Promotion and Support of Breast-feeding", Texas Department of Health, 1993
- Super Doctor, Texas Monthly, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016
Childhood Nutrition and Obesity: