My philosophy of care centers on working with the parents of my patients to give the best possible health care for each individual child, and working with the Texas Pediatric Society to improve the health of all the children of Texas.
Dr. Scranton has three children. She says that most of her free time is spent as their "chauffeur, cheerleader, and occasional nag!" She also enjoys reading, sprint triathalons, and boating.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Serves on the Legislative Committee of the Texas Pediatric Society, submitting proposals and reviewing laws that affect children.
- Member, Pediatric Council Committee of the Texas Pediatric Society
- Top Doc Award from UTMB medical students, 2007
- Faculty Teaching Award and Program Director’s Gratitude Award from the Austin Pediatric Education Program, 2000
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Super Doctors, Texas Monthly, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Super Doctors, Austin Monthly, 2013
- ARC 2017 Larry Kravitz Award for Outstanding Service to ARC and the Community