I believe each of us has a job to commit to being a force towards bettering our world, each bringing our own unique talents and skills. I carry that belief in my heart.
To me, medicine is not a job, a career, or a profession. Becoming a physician is committing to an identity. It is who you choose to be, always. It is a commitment to putting the care of all people front and center in all aspects of your life. I honor that physician identity by aiming to heal and comfort the sick without judgment and without regard to our differences, whatever they may be. It is my role in the healing of this world and my commitment as a physician and an individual.
In the words of Mother Teresa, ‘The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.’
Dr. Kravitz is married with two children. He is an avid athlete, having run eight marathons, four half Ironmans, and numerous triathalons. Dr. Kravitz is also a top swimmer, participating for many years with the Masters Swim Team including placing in the top 10 in two competitions at the 2012 United States Masters Swimming Spring Nationals. Dr. Kravitz also volunteers with Community First Village, a local facility providing physical and behavioral health care for the homeless. And even with all his activities, Dr. Kravitz enjoys reading whenever he has a rare quiet moment.
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Kravitz holds these positions and honors:
- Physician of the Year Nominee, Travis County Medical Society, 2011.
- Teacher of the Year (twice), University of Florida Family Practice Residency
- Team Physician, Austin Spurs
- Affiliate Faculty, Baylor College of Medicine and University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and Dell Medical School
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Texas Monthly Super Doctor 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011
- Patients' Choice Award, vitals.com, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition, vitals.com, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015
- Outstanding Service to ARC and the Community Award