I will do my very best in serving you and your family as your pediatrician. I enjoy questions you might have about your child and am always willing to talk to you about any concerns you may have.
Dr. Prochnow enjoys reading, writing books and poetry, rock tumbling, exercising, and walking with his wife. He and his wife, Valerie, whom he met in high school, have five children. He is a member of numerous professional medical organizations, and served as an Air Force pediatrician for seven years, during which time he held several leadership roles. Dr. Prochnow believes that his training as a pediatrician, combined with his own practical experience as a parent, enables him to provide the best of a well-rounded approach to your child's medical care.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Air Force Commendation Medal for his work in the pediatric field during his military tour, June 1987
America’s Most Honored
- Compassionate Doctor Award, 2011, 2012, 2015
- Patients Choice Award, 2008-2015
- Super Doctors Award, Texas Monthly, 2010-2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- America's Best Physicians, 2015 & 2016
- Austin Monthly Magazine Top Pediatricians 2020
- "Austin’s Top Doctors," Austin Monthly, 2021
- Top Docs for Kids 2021, Austin Monthly magazine