When you come see a surgeon, or any physician, you may be feeling unsure and vulnerable. I understand each patient’s predicament, and try to respect that position, while providing the best treatment I can. My goal is to have you feel comfortable, understand the full breadth of your problem, all the potential solutions and risks, while providing you with enough information to make a confident, informed, educated decision about your care.
Dr. Bailey conducts major and minor surgical procedures at:
In his free time, Dr. Bailey enjoys barbecue, outdoor sports, and getting out with his wife and children. He also likes to work on his truck, a 1971 GMC Jimmy, and getting together with friends each year on the Frio River in Garner State Park. He spent 4 years as a Lt. Commander in the U.S. Navy Medical Corps, and served a tour of duty in Afghanistan in 2014.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal & Endoscopic Surgeons
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Member, Alpha Omega Honor Society
- Doctor/Teacher of the Year, U.S. Naval Hospital, Okinawa, Japan, 2012 & 2013
- Austin’s Top Doctors 2021, Austin Monthly
Patient Education Videos
Request an Appointment with Christopher W. Bailey, MD, FACS