When you come see a surgeon, or any physician, you may be feeling unsure and vulnerable. I understand each patient’s predicament, and try to respect that position, while providing the best treatment I can. My goal is to have you feel comfortable, understand the full breadth of your problem, all the potential solutions and risks, while providing you with enough information to make a confident, informed, educated decision about your care.
In his free time, Dr. Bailey enjoys barbecue, outdoor sports, and getting out with his wife and children. He also likes to work on his truck, a 1971 GMC Jimmy, and getting together with friends each year on the Frio River in Garner State Park. He spent 4 years as a Lt. Commander in the U.S. Navy Medical Corps, and served a tour of duty in Afghanistan in 2014.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal & Endoscopic Surgeons
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Member, Alpha Omega Honor Society
- Doctor/Teacher of the Year, U.S. Naval Hospital, Okinawa, Japan, 2012 & 2013
Patient Education Videos
Request an Appointment with Christopher W. Bailey, MD, FACS