The best part of pediatrics is having dedicated and motivated advocates – the parents! - for our patients. I look forward to joining each family in a team effort to ensure the healthy development of each and every child through mutual trust and good effective communication.
Dr. Hagen moved to Austin to be closer to his family, and is excited to be able to take part in the yearly festivals and outdoor activities. His hobbies include brewing beer, capoeira, drumming and gardening. He has also volunteered on medical missions in Ecuador, Honduras and Ghana. Dr. Hagen loves big dogs and can usually be found in his local park with his Irish Wolfhound, Eena.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Archbishop May Service Award for outstanding service to the community, 2002
- Austin Monthly Magazine Top Pediatricians 2020
- Top Docs for Kids 2021, Austin Monthly magazine