I chose medicine because I enjoy solving problems and helping patients better understand their condition. I have always enjoyed physics, mechanics, and sports/active lifestyles, so orthopedics and sports medicine was a very natural fit. It is always important to understand the natural history of any disease process or injury, to be able to compare different options for treatment. It is also important to understand the unique needs and desires of every patient to find the most satisfactory outcome for his or her specific injury.
Dr. Zinn specializes in Sports Medicine and the non-surgical treatment of sports injuries, concussions, and issues of the shoulder, knee, hip, elbow, wrist, hand and ankle as well as general orthopedic issues, for both adults and children.
Dr. Zinn grew up in the Dallas area and has lived in Central Texas since completing his medical training. When he’s not at work, Dr. Zinn enjoys spending time with his wife, son and dog, as well as with friends and family. He enjoys many sports, especially tennis and soccer, and games of strategy such as chess and poker. His favorite Central Texas spot? At home, with friends and family!
- Referral for Advanced Imaging – MRI, CT, etc
- Referral to Physical Therapy
- Steroid Injections
- Telemedicine Visits
- Viscosupplement Injections
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Zinn is a member of:
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- Texas Medical Association
- Travis County Medical Society
- "Austin’s Top Doctors," Austin Monthly, 2021
Patient Forms (English & Español)
Request an Appointment with Brandon K. Zinn, DO, MPH