My career choice was heavily influenced by my father, but even so, I cannot imagine myself being anything but a surgeon. I believe that when treating a disease, no matter how serious, a doctor and patient form a close relationship built on mutual trust and understanding of the challenges that may lie ahead. I am convinced that an understanding of the treatment plan is crucial to making an appropriate decision by both the physician and patient.
Dr. Gambarin conducts major and minor surgical procedures at:
enjoys being with his daughter and two dogs. He also enjoys reading and spending
time concentrating on personal fitness and cooking.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Chief, ARC General Surgery Department
- Secretary/Treasurer, ARC Executive Board
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- "Rising Star," Texas Monthly, 2013
- Intern of the Year during his medical internship
- Austin’s Top Doctors 2021, Austin Monthly
Request an Appointment with Semyon (Sam) Gambarin, MD