I chose Pediatrics because it allows me to spend every day with a smile on my face, putting both my love of people and intellectual curiosity to good use. I strongly believe that my role as a pediatrician is to care for the ‘whole’ child – emotional, mental, and social well being in addition to the child’s physical health. I provide compassionate care for my families, with an emphasis on evidence-based medicine. Getting to form relationships with my patients and families is a huge priority for me, and I can’t think of anything more rewarding than working to keep sweet kiddos healthy!
Staying active is a priority for Dr. Camosy, a native Texan. She enjoys running, Zumba, tennis, and “anything that keeps me moving!” Dr. Camosy spends as much time as possible with family and friends, squeezing in as much reading as she can, and she’s recently taken up more cooking. Her favorite Central Texas spot is a bench on the Pfluger Bridge over Lady Bird Lake, where she enjoys the gorgeous view of the Austin skyline over the lake.
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Camosy holds these memberships and honors:
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member, Texas Pediatric Society
- Member, Texas Medical Association
- Karen Teel Award of Excellence in recognition of excellent performance during Pediatric Residency, 2017
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, 2014
- Leonard Tow “Humanism in Medicine Award” recipient for UTHSCSA School of Medicine, 2014
- Phi Beta Kappa Society, 2010
- Texas Monthly Super Doctors “Rising Stars” - 2020