I chose to specialize in Allergy and Immunology because the symptoms associated with allergic disease can severely impact a patient’s quality of life. I take great joy in diagnosing, educating, and helping patients of all ages enjoy life again. I also find the intricacies of the immune system to be fascinating. I practice with a focus on patient-centered care, addressing my patients’ concerns and improving their health and well-being.
When she is not at work, Dr. Adkins enjoys cooking and trying new recipes. When the weather is nice, she loves spending time outdoors, swimming, playing tennis and golf. Most of all, Dr. Adkins enjoys being with her husband and two children. As new Austin residents, she and her family are enjoying exploring all that Austin has to offer, including delicious Tex-Mex and barbeque.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Fellowship in Allergy and Immunology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2015
- Member, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Member, American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Texas Monthly Super Doctors “Rising Stars” - 2018
Request an Appointment with Colleen S. Adkins, MD