I grew up around health care as my father is a retired anesthesiologist and my mother, an RN. From them I learned that helping others is a privilege and have made it my life’s goal to serve others in their times of need. I chose Family Medicine because I believe that most chronic illness is preventable and medicine should be a proactive and not reactive practice. I strive to listen carefully to my patients’ concerns and provide them with the best and most current evidence-based tools they need to make informed decisions about their health care.
In his free time, Dr. de Lota enjoys running on Lady Bird Lake, exercising with his wife, and cheering for the Texas Longhorns at football, baseball and basketball games. His favorite Central Texas locations include Auditorium Shores and Lake Austin."
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. de Lota holds these memberships and honors:
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Travis County Medical Society
- Dell Medical School’s Health Leadership Awards nominee for Health Heroes 2020
- Graduation Commencement Speaker, Ross University, 2012
Dr. de Lota graduated with highest honors and commendation from Ross University, where he was the Graduation Commencement Speaker.