I treat my patients like extended family members. They deserve and receive my full attention at each visit. Besides caring for their over all well-being, I like to know how they are doing in their lives.
Dr. Nguyen offers ear piercing to patients 6 months and
older, generally after the first two rounds of childhood vaccinations have been
After practicing in Baton Rouge, Louisiana for 12 years, Dr. Nguyen, his wife, and three children relocated to Austin in 2008. He enjoys growing orchids, doing handy work around the house, and practicing meditation. Dr. Nguyen’s volunteer work includes mission trips to Houston through RAM (Rural Area Medical) in late 2017, and to Vietnam in 2016 and 2018, serving as a co-director for a team of 50 healthcare providers and non-healthcare volunteers from the U.S. He also teaches youths at a Buddhist temple on the weekends. Dr. Nguyen is fluent in Vietnamese.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Best Doctors in America®, 2017-18
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Patient’s Choice Award, Vitals.com, 2008, 2009
- Louisiana’s Top Doctors, Louisiana Life Magazine, 2007-2008
- Ochsner Health System (Baton Rouge) Spirit of Caring Award, 2003 and 2006
- “Baton Rouge Doctor of the Month,” Health Care Highlights Magazine, 2005
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics The Texas A&M Health Science Center - College of Medicine
- Austin Monthly Magazine Top Pediatricians 2020