I chose a career in medicine because I enjoy understanding and helping people. I also love the fact that in medicine, scientific innovations continuously empower physicians to cure diseases that have been hard to manage in the past. I believe caring for patients as people is really at the heart of medicine, and it’s a great privilege to be able to help people in need. My practice approach is simple: listen carefully, examine thoroughly, then tailor care as much as possible to an individual’s needs.
Dr. Cao performs screenings and procedures at:
Dr. Cao has lived in the Austin area since 2014. When she’s not working, Dr. Cao loves to spend time with her husband and two girls. The family enjoys reading, cooking, and traveling together. One of their favorite local spots is Zilker Park, where activities like the playground, train, swimming in Barton Springs, walking along the riverbank, and the Kite Festival are enjoyed by them all.
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Cao holds these memberships and honors:
- Member, American College of Gastroenterology
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association
- Member, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- National Institute of Health/National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases research grant awardee, 2011
- National Institute of Health/National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases training grant awardee, 2011
- Austin’s Top Doctors 2021, Austin Monthly