Health care should be based on the individual needs of each patient. It is important to maintain an environment in which each patient feels comfortable and receives focused attention. I endeavor to keep up to date with the latest in medical and nursing literature in order to provide patients with evidence-based, collaborative care.
As a long-time resident of Austin, Darla enjoys spending time with family and friends, and her pets (part of the family, of course). Her hobbies include bowling, pottery, reading and hiking. She also enjoys seeing movies, and the Austin music scene.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Member, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Member,Austin Area Nurse Practitioner Society
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau, a national nursing honor society
- Adjunct Clinical Affiliate Member, UT School of Nursing, serving as a preceptor to nurse practitioner students
- Volunteer Nurse Practitioner, Volunteer Healthcare Clinic in Austin
Request an Appointment with Darla A. Grimes, APRN, MSN, FNP-C