I strongly believe in personal agency. My philosophy in medicine is to
help provide my patients with the information they need to make healthcare
decisions that are right for them. My office is always a no-judgment
zone. I look forward to the variety in my work and I am always learning.
Preventive and holistic care, gender affirming and non-binary care,
adolescence, menopause, pregnancy, sexual health, and minimally invasive
surgery are all areas of interest that I have. I work hard to truly listen and
to empower people of all ages and walks of life.
Labor and Delivery services provided at:
St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Dr. Kaufman is a transplant from Massachusetts who has found a home in Austin. She enjoys her family, live music, good food, roller derby, and advocacy. She speaks good Spanish and misses skiing. Go Patriots!
Professional Positions and Honors
- Associate Chief of ARC Ob/Gyn Department
- Fellow, American Congress of Obstetricians
- Dr. Eugene Toy Leadership and Advocacy Fellow
- Member, Society for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Served as Chief Resident, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and as Residency Association President during her residency at UT Southwestern Austin
- Austin Monthly Top Doctors For Women 2020
- "Austin’s Top Doctors," Austin Monthly, 2021
Request an Appointment with Caroline (Carrie) A. Kaufman, MD, FACOG