I chose rheumatology as a specialty because it allows me to treat a wide range of people of all ages, and to follow and help them through the rest of their lives. Often rheumatological disease can be very debilitating and it is rewarding to see the change we are able to make in their lives. I believe in having meaningful conversations to develop insight into my patients’ understanding of their condition, their needs and priorities, possible limitations or cultural considerations. Developing lasting patient-physician relationships helps me facilitate a deeper understanding of their condition and helps me navigate the sometimes confusing treatment options so each can choose the best evidence-based treatment that fits his or her needs.
Dr. Kung grew up in Victoria, TX, and enjoys “running in the great outdoors – I even did the Austin Marathon!” He also likes to shop for fresh foods to cook at home, traveling to learn about new cultures, and meeting new people to learn their stories. His favorite spots in Central Texas are Barton Springs pool in the summer, Lady Bird Lake in the spring, and McKinney Falls for hiking in the fall/winter months.
- Consultative and Continuing Care for Regional Musculoskeletal disorders for Hand Pain, Shoulder Pain, Hip Pain, Knee Pain
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Intra-Articular and Soft Tissue Injections and Aspirations
- Education on Rheumatologic Diseases and Treatments
- Hospital Consultations
- Infusion Therapy
- Outpatient Consultations
- Outpatient Specialty Care for Patients with Chronic Rheumatic Diseases
- Telemedicine Visits
Professional Positions and Honors
2019 Medical Honoree, Arthritis Foundation, Central Texas Chapter
- Member, Texas Medical Association
- Member, American College of Rheumatology
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- "Austin’s Top Doctors," Austin Monthly, 2021