Internal medicine allows me to evaluate and manage a broad range of complex medical conditions in addition to focusing on preventive medicine. My focus is to effectively communicate with my patients to motivate them to see the benefits of both evidence-based preventive medicine and to be knowledgeable of and proactive with their health when and if diseases develop.
Dr. Coughlin grew up in Galveston, Texas and enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, especially outdoors. He also enjoys playing golf, guitar, singing, reading history, and helping coach his childrens’ sports.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Member, American College of Physicians
- Member, Texas Medical Association
- Received Doctor of the Year Award during his medical residency
- Austin Monthly, Top Doctor, 2019
Request an Appointment with Sean J. Coughlin, MD