I was inspired to be a doctor when, at 6 years old, I had a routine surgery, and the doctors who took care of me made a strong impression on me. I love working with children, and I believe that “less is better.” I focus on educating parents about how to take care of their children’s health.
Dr. Benun offers ear piercing to patients 4 months and older, generally after the first two rounds of childhood vaccinations have been administered.
Dr. Benun was born in Montreal, Canada, and grew up in Venezuela before coming to the United States for his medical training. When he’s not at work, Dr. Benun loves to run, and trains for the half-and-full marathons. He can always be found at Lady Bird Lake, one of his favorite local spots, or on other trails!
Professional Positions and Honors
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Clinical Associate Professor, University of Texas Dell Medical School
- Numerous awards for teaching excellence, Brown University, Providence, RI, 2004-2010
- Best Doctors in America®, 2017-18