Austin Regional Clinic ensures that our clinics are safe for all patients. With our clinic safety protocols, telemedicine visits, and drive-up testing during the day, evenings, and weekends, we have you covered.
COVID-19 Drive-up RT-PCR Testing
ARC offers the rapid molecular test, known as the RT-PCR test, which normally provides results within 1-2 days. PCR testing detects RNA (or genetic material) that is specific to the virus within days of infection, even in those who have no symptoms.
Drive-Up Testing for asymptomatic and non-exposed patients.
New and established patients can schedule drive-up testing for COVID-19 without a telemedicine or in-person visit if they are asymptomatic. An ARC clinician will screen each patient at the drive-thru testing site. For those who do not require immediate medical attention, a nasal swab will be obtained and sent to the lab for COVID-19 testing.
How to book a Direct COVID Test:
- Online: Book at ARC MyChart if you already have an account.
- Phone: Call the 24/7 COVID-19 hotline at 866-453-4525 if you are new to ARC or you do not have a MyChart account.
Drive-Up Testing for symptomatic or exposed patients.
Symptomatic patients must book a telemedicine visit before a COVID test.
How to book a COVID Televisit:
- Online: Book at ARC MyChart if you already have an account or ARCBooknow.com if you don't.
- Phone: Call the ARC 24/7 COVID-19 Hotline at 866-453-4525 if you are new to ARC or if you do not have a MyChart account.
If a patient arrives at drive-up testing without first having an initial physician evaluation and presents as symptomatic, they will have the option of calling our appointment line to book a telemedicine visit or booking online with MyChart. The next available telemedicine appointment is often within hours or the next day. If patients meet the testing criteria after their telemedicine visit, they will be instructed to return to the drive-up testing tent.
Currently, it takes 1-2 days to receive results.
Insurance companies currently cover costs for tests. For patients without insurance, the cost of the test at ARC is $134 ($100 with our cash pay/discount).
Most insurance companies are waiving copays for COVID-19 related telemedicine visits. If you have questions about the cost of the visit, please check with your health plan. For patients without insurance, ARC offers the same 25% discount as all other visits. The cost depends on what is covered in the visit.
Drive-Up/Curbside Testing Hours and Locations - North to South
Most people, especially children and those under 60 with no chronic medical conditions, who contract COVID-19 develop very mild symptoms that include:
Read more about COVID-19 symptoms
When should I call my doctor?
You should seek medical advice if you have symptoms of fever, a dry cough, fatigue, or shortness of breath, especially if you are over 60 or have underlying health conditions. If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19, get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
Call the 24/7 ARC COVID-19 Information and Advice Hotline at 866-453-4525 if you have questions.
Patient Safety Protocols
- Patients will be asked a few screening questions when they check in at the front desk.
- Please wear a surgical mask to your visit for the health and safety of yourself and others. Strict mask use has proven successful in protecting the health and safety of our doctors and staff. We also comply with all local ordinances concerning COVID-19 health and safety measures. Please note that a surgical mask is preferred; a cloth mask is acceptable. If you have a valved mask, you can ask for a surgical mask from the greeter to replace or wear with your valved mask.
Patients may be accompanied by one healthy adult per patient, if help is needed for the visit. Visitors with symptoms of any viral illness will be required to wait outside of the clinic.