My job is uniquely wonderful because it allows me to see kids blossom before my eyes. I deem it my responsibility to hold mom’s and dad's hands through those early days and sleepless nights, but I so enjoy witnessing their transformation from anxious new parents to relaxed old pros. Once in a while, I do help fend off those nasty bugs and make it all better. What more from a job could I ask for? It's an honor to do what I do everyday!
Dr. Leong’s favorite things to do are writing, cooking, and spending time with her “three boys” (her husband and two sons). She serves as a translator from Mandarin to English and vice versa at her church, and enjoys volunteering for many other activities there. Having moved to the United States in elementary school, she experienced the best of both worlds. She has a genuine appreciation of both western and eastern cultures and communicates fluently in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Voted Resident of the Year in 1997 by fellow peers
- Patients' Choice Award 2010 & 2011
- "Super Doctors," Texas Monthly, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Austin Monthly Magazine Top Pediatricians 2020
- "Austin’s Top Doctors," Austin Monthly, 2021, 2022
- Top Docs for Kids, Austin Monthly magazine 2021, 2022