I decided to become an OB/GYN because I enjoy being able to build a relationship with my patients that can last a lifetime. I am able to treat, help, counsel and comfort women during life’s major transitions of puberty, young adulthood, motherhood, menopause and beyond. In what other field can one have the joys of establishing long-term bonds with patients and help bring new life into the world? All I can say is, I love my job!
Dr. Cherry performs some procedures using the da Vinci®
Labor and Delivery services provided at:
Dr. Cherry is married to her high school sweetheart and has two daughters. In her free time, she enjoys long-distance running and has completed three marathons in addition to multiple other races. She enjoys spending time outdoors with her family, working on home improvement projects, reading, baking and embroidery.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Has received multiple Patients' Choice Awards since 2008
- Compassionate Doctor’s Award, Vitals.com
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Fellow, American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG)
- Austin Monthly Top Doctors For Women 2020
- "Austin’s Top Doctors," Austin Monthly, 2021
Request an Appointment with Tara A. Cherry, MD