I chose to be a Pediatrician to help those who may not be able to help themselves. Working with children has always been my passion. Although challenging, it continues to prove to be a truly rewarding experience. Along with the their families, it is my duty to ensure my patients' health and safety by advocating for them. I approach every child with an open mind and an open heart, as no two children are the same.
My philosophy in life is “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
Dr. Lakshmikanth enjoys spending her free time with her loved ones, traveling whenever possible, reading, learning new things, such as history and languages. She has also served on medical mission trips to Africa. Her favorite spots in the area are the UT campus and The Oasis on Lake Travis.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member, Texas Medical Association
- Austin Monthly Magazine Top Pediatricians 2020
- "Austin’s Top Doctors," Austin Monthly, 2021
- Top Docs for Kids 2021, Austin Monthly magazine