There is nothing more rewarding than following a woman and her family through her entire pregnancy. Giving her the education, the strength and sometimes a shoulder to cry on for nine months creates a forever bond. I am always asked why I chose Obstetrics and Gynecology. I could not imagine doing anything else. Handing a newborn to its parents for the first time is priceless.
Labor and Delivery services provided at:
Being with family is a very important part of Dr. Monteiro’s life. He and his wife Dr. Kellie Rice-Monteiro
have three adopted children, and spend quality time at sporting events, artistic events and traveling. Having moved here from the cold Northeast, they are enjoy the mild winters and are adjusting to the hot summers.
Dr. Monteiro says “I live each day to the fullest. Being a cancer survivor for over ten years has molded my attitude towards the practice of medicine and the patient-physician interaction.”
He has run two marathons and raised several thousand dollars for Team in Training for continued research in Leukemia and Lymphoma.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Associate Chief of ARC Ob/Gyn Department
- Chairperson of Maternal Child Medicine, Cedar Park Regional Medical Center
- Medical Executive Committee, Cedar Park Regional Medical Center
- Peer Review Committee, Cedar Park Regional Medical Center
- Patients Choice Award,Vitals.com, 2008-2012
- 2012 Compassionate Doctor Award, 2010-2012
- Golden Apple Teaching Award for outstanding teaching to medical students and residents, the University of Massachusetts, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society Award for outstanding teaching, University of Massachusetts.
Request an Appointment with Anthony C. Monteiro, Jr., DO