Nina Nandy, MD, MS, ABOM, FACG
Dr. Nandy is from the East Coast and new to the Central Texas area, so she is looking forward to learning more about local offerings. In her free time, Dr. Nandy plays piano and guitar, paints, explores the music scene in Austin, and manages her two “famous” cats’ Instagram accounts!
I chose a career in Gastroenterology due to the focus on chronic and acute issues; the variety and complexity of cases; and the ability to perform cutting-edge minimally-invasive procedures in order to understand a patient’s condition inside and out. I believe in educating and empowering my patients with respect to their medical conditions-so that we can make informed decisions together as a team. I take a holistic approach to medicine, combining lifestyle modifications with evidence-based medicine individually tailored to each patient’s specific needs.
A colonoscopy is a safe and effective way to test for cancer in the colon or rectum (colorectal cancer). A colon cancer screening is typically a 20-30 minute outpatient procedure performed at a hospital or surgery center.
- Colorectal Cancer Education, Prevention, Screening, and Treatment
Colorectal Cancer Education, Prevention, Screening, and Treatment
Screening tests for Colorectal Cancer, as well as methods to try to prevent it. In addition to regular colorectal cancer screenings, exercise and maintaining a healthy weight can reduce your risk of colorectal cancer.
Locations & Hours
Board CertificationsBoard Certified in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Obesity Medicine
Medical SchoolBoston University School of Medicine, Cum Laude, Boston, MA, 2009
FellowshipUniversity of New Mexico Medical Center, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Albuquerque, NM, 2017
ResidencyHarvard University Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, 2011
University of Connecticut Medical Center, Hartford, CT, 2014
EducationB.A. in Microbiology, Deans List, Cornell University College of Arts & Sciences, Ithaca, NY, 2003
M.S. in Molecular Biology, Magna Cum Laude, New York University Graduate School of Arts & Sciences, New York, NY, 2005
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association
- Member, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member, American Association for the Study of Liver Disease
- Member, American Society for Microbiology
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American College of Physicians
- Member, American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society
- Podcast Host, American Gastroenterological Association
- Certificates in Financial Accounting, Finance, Negotiation Mastery, and Sustainable Business Strategy, Harvard Business School, Boston, MA, 2019-2020
- Certified in Ayurvedic Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, 2020
People all is very nice thanks for help
I love ARC. Every person at every step is extremely competent and kind.
She was very nice & very profesional.
I am glad Dr. Nandy is accessible for follow-ups. (The initial colonoscopy and EDG took several months to schedule. ) she is very informative and gracious.
It was easy, prompt and organized.
Doctor Nandy was excellent.....very professional, personable and listened. Highly recommended.