I chose a career in Gastroenterology due to the focus on chronic and acute issues; the variety and complexity of cases; and the ability to perform cutting-edge minimally-invasive procedures in order to understand a patient’s condition inside and out. I believe in educating and empowering my patients with respect to their medical conditions-so that we can make informed decisions together as a team. I take a holistic approach to medicine, combining lifestyle modifications with evidence-based medicine individually tailored to each patient’s specific needs.
Dr. Nandy is from the East Coast and new to the Central Texas area, so she is looking forward to learning more about local offerings. In her free time, Dr. Nandy plays piano and guitar, paints, explores the music scene in Austin, and manages her two “famous” cats’ Instagram accounts!
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Nandy holds these memberships:
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Member, American College of Gastroenterology
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association
- Member, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member, American Association for the Study of Liver Disease
- Member, American Society for Microbiology
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American College of Physicians
- Member, American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society
- Podcast Host, American Gastroenterological Association
- Certificates in Financial Accounting, Finance, Negotiation Mastery, and Sustainable Business Strategy, Harvard Business School, Boston, MA, 2019-2020
- Certified in Ayurvedic Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, 2020