Helping a person return to wellness, knowing each patient and giving them my best - this is what I love about my work. My goal is to help people overcome the burden of joint pain and return to the activities they enjoy. I strive to provide compassionate care, tailored to each individual’s needs.
Dr. Benton grew up in Abilene, TX, graduated from Baylor University with a degree in Electrical Engineering, and worked at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics prior to going to medical school and completing his training in Texas. In his free time, Dr. Benton enjoys the outdoors – fly fishing, kayaking, exploring Texas and Colorado with his wife and son.
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Benton holds these memberships and honors:
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Texas Orthopedic Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Travis County Medical Society
- Consultant, Baylor University Research and Innovation Collaborative 2014 - 2017
- Various published research papers and publications
- Texas Monthly Super Doctors “Rising Stars” - 2018
- “Physician of the Quarter” award, St. David’s Surgical Hospital, 2018
Patient Health Forms (English & Español)
Request an Appointment with Edward Garrison Benton, Jr, MD