I chose Family Medicine because I wanted to care for patients across all age groups, from newborns to the elderly. Being in primary care allows me to work with the same patients and families for many years, as a team, to accomplish their health goals. I believe each individual is unique and requires an individualized approach to care. I work to provide each patient with the time and guidance needed to best help them reach their goals and address their health concerns.
Dr. Ruiz grew up in El Paso, TX. When he is not working, he enjoys spending time with his wife and cats, exploring Central Texas and new restaurants. His favorite? P-Terry’s Burger Stand!
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Ruiz holds these memberships and honors:
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Member, Texas Academy of Family Physicians
- Member, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Member, American Medical Association
- Joint Admission Medical Program Scholarship, 2014-2018
- Carl J. Herzog Foundation Medical School Scholarship, 2016
- R. Preston Shaw, MD, Presidential Scholarship, 2015