I remember wanting to be a doctor since elementary school, as I was the oldest of four children and played an important role in caring for my siblings. My job as a pediatrician is to help guide parents through the maze of raising happy, healthy well-adjusted children who live up to their maximum potential. My approach is that children are well until proven otherwise. I identify the problems that exist so they can be treated, but I am careful not to intervene more than necessary. Like everything in life, balance is important.
Dr. Dockray performs expert newborn circumcisions at ARC Leander clinic and offers ear piercing to patients 4 months and older, generally after the first two rounds of childhood vaccinations have been administered.
Dr. Dockray grew up in El Paso, TX and Alamogordo, New Mexico. When he’s not working, he enjoys doing his own yard work, and soon, getting back to playing the piano. He and his wife enjoy spending time with their three daughters, two of whom live in Austin, and trying to keep up with their four grandsons! Dr. Dockray’s favorite Central Texas locales are the areas around Fredericksburg and Comfort, where they have close friends.
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Dockray holds these memberships:
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Diplomate, American Board of Pediatrics
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston McGovern Medical
School and University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, 2005-Present
- Preceptor, Texas Pediatric Society, 1995-Present
- Preceptor, Greater Houston Area Health Education Center General Pediatric Preceptorship Programs, Houston, TX, 1986-Present
- Austin Monthly magazine Top Pediatricians 2020
- Top Docs for Kids 2021, Austin Monthly magazine