“I’ve wanted to be a pediatrician since my elementary school days, as I love working with children of all ages. I believe that the whole family is the patient and should be involved in decision-making when appropriate, to support the whole family unit for a successful outcome. Open communication is extremely important in all interactions.”
Dr. Cato sees children from newborns on up, with a special interest in teen health and adolescent medicine, seeing patients until they are 18 years of age.
In her spare time, Dr. Cato enjoys spending time with her family, friends and dogs. She loves to go running, hiking, biking, swimming, skiing, any outdoor activity. One of her favorite locales is the San Marcos river, enjoying the water.
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Cato holds these memberships and honors:
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Member, Texas Pediatric Society
- Medical Command, Texas Army National Guard, 2012-13
- Member, Golden Key International Honor Society during nursing school
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Pathways of Distinction Scholar, Clinical Educator Award while in Medical School
Request an Appointment with Shana E. Godfred-Cato, DO