I try to spend time educating patients about their pregnancies or illness and involve them in decision making. Much of my job in pregnancies, as I see it, is reassuring and calming anxious patients during the changes, often normal, they experience during their pregnancy.
The father of 4 boys, Dr. Hughes describes himself as a "fitness geek" who enjoys activities such as cycling, running, and yoga, and working with his plants.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Patients Choice Award, vitals.com – 2009-2016
- Compassionate Doctor Award, vitals.com – 2011, 2014, 2016
- Patients Choice Award
- Texas Monthly, "Super Doctors", 2009
- Austin Monthly Top Doctors For Women 2020
- Austin’s Top Doctors, Austin Monthly, 2021, 2022
Request an Appointment with Robert S. Hughes, MD