I went into medicine because I love interacting with people every day. As an Obstetrician/Gynecologist, I have the privilege of working with women throughout their entire lives. Delivering a baby is one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve ever had! I also love surgical and medical management of gynecologic issues. I’m an advocate for my patients. I strongly believe in educating women who come to see me and working with them so they can be partners in their own medical decisions. I never want one of my patients to leave my office confused about their diagnosis or plan of care.
Labor and Delivery services provided at:
Dr. Lynch spent six years as an engineer before entering medical school, including working at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. He enjoys exercising, especially competitive swimming, and triathlons. Dr. Lynch is “pretty ambitious” in the kitchen and loves trying new recipes. He also enjoys listening to live music and watching college and professional football, especially the Seattle Seahawks, having grown up in Seattle. He values time with his family and, as a recent Austin transplant, he’s enjoying exploring the city.
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Lynch holds these positions and honors:
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Member, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Received the Japanese Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology, International Session Award for oral presentation
- Recipient of the Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award, 2012 & 2013.
- Member of the Arnold P. Gold Humanism in Medicine Honor Society.
- School of Medicine Alumni Merit Award, 2009-2010.
Request an Appointment with Bernard A. Lynch, MD