I feel my dual backgrounds in Family Medicine and Sports Medicine complement each other nicely. I believe a physically active lifestyle is crucial to overall health and well being. If I can help a person with their musculoskeletal injuries and keep them active, this will have a meaningful impact on all aspects of their overall health.
Dr. Johnson has long wait times for new patients. If you would like to establish care at Austin Regional Clinic, he highly recommends his ARC Southwest Colleagues listed below:
Dr. Johnson enjoys spending his free time with family and friends, reading, and also tries to spend as much time as possible outdoors. He is particularly partial to golf, running, basketball, hiking and tennis.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Associate Director of the Sports Medicine Fellowship Program, Lutheran General Hospital, 2001-2002
- Team Physician for several colleges, universities and high schools in Illinois prior to joining ARC
- Member of the American Academy of Family Physicians
- Member, American College of Sports Medicine
Additional Recommended Books
- The China Study, by T. Colin Campbell
- Born to Run, by Christopher McDougall
Request an Appointment with Jason D. Johnson, MD