I treat patients the way I would like to be treated. Allergic disorders tend to be chronic, so I like to spend a little extra time teaching patients about their allergies, discussing treatment options, and arriving at a practical approach to therapy.
If you are a new patient with Dr. William Otto, please complete the Allergy History Form
and mail it back to his office prior your first visit.
Dr. Otto has a special interest in Hereditary Angioedema.
ARC has adjusted allergy shot frequency and clinic schedules to allow for greater time between shots and social distancing in our lobby areas where patients must wait for 30 minutes after their shot.
This safety precaution results in less open slots per day. Your allergist will notify you about your new schedule. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to balance patient care and safety.
Dr. Otto is originally from Houston, but like many Austinites, he got here as fast as he could. He and his wife have two daughters and one Wheaten terrier. Dr. Otto enjoys spending time with family, music (and playing guitar), movies, travel, and walking on the Town Lake trails.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Fellow, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Fellow, American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics, Member, Allergy & Immunology Section
- Member, Clinical Immunology Society
- Member, International Complement Society
- Member, Texas Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Society
- Membership Committee, Travis County Medical Society
- Best Doctors in America®, 2017-18
- "Super Doctor", Texas Monthly, 2007, 2010, 2011
- "Top Doctor," Austin Monthly, 2011, 2013
- Austin Monthly Magazine Top Pediatric Specialists 2020
Request an Appointment with William R. Otto, MD