- Saturday well-checks in ARC After Hours Clinics: Keep your child safe and up-to-date on vaccines - book a Saturday well-check at ARCbooknow.com.
- Choose your pediatric appointment: Available in-clinic, on phone, or by video for established and new patients. Televisits can treat illnesses, rashes, and minor injuries.
- Safe in-clinic visits: ARC screens and separates patients with respiratory symptoms at all entrances.
Jump to topic:
Selecting a Pediatrician | Pediatric Meet & Greets | Pediatricians in Your Area | Same-Day After Hours | Vaccination | Pediatric Flyer Handouts
Pediatricians are physicians who focus on the physical, emotional, and social health of infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
Pediatricians are specially trained in assessing, detecting, preventing, managing, and treating issues that affect children. This includes everything from treating an ear infection, to talking to parents about school or behavioral problems, to seeing kids for well-child checkups and giving them their child vaccinations and immunizations.
Selecting a Pediatrician
When selecting a Pediatrician there are several factors you should keep in mind:
- Is the pediatrician's office convenient to your home, work, or your child's daycare?
- Is the pediatrician board certified?
- Is there a pediatrician available to see you when your child for same-day and after hours visits?
- Are there other pediatricians available to see your child when your pediatrician is not available?
- Is there a patient portal with the ability to message your child’s doctor and nurse, book appointments, and view medical records online any time?
- Can you call the office after your child is in bed to book an appointment?
- Are telemedicine appointments an option?
- What is the doctor's philosophy of caring for infants, children, and teens?
Pediatric Meet & Greet Help You Prepare for Your Baby
A prenatal pediatric meet & greet is a free service. It is an excellent opportunity for you to choose the physician who will care for your child and ask pertinent questions about bringing your newborn home. We encourage you to ask the questions outlined in the above section about selecting a pediatrician.
View schedules and book online at ARCbooknow.com or in your MyChart account at MyChartARC.com or on the app.
ARC Pediatricians in Your Area
If you live in or around Austin we have pediatricians near you. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see a complete list of ARC pediatric doctors and clinics in:
Same-Day and After Hours Appointments & Phone Nurses 24/7
We know you can’t schedule when you child is ill or injured, so we make ourselves available to you every day, 24/7. If your child’s doctor cannot see your child when he or she is ill, one of our partners at any location will see your child for a same-day visit and have access to their medical records. We also make it easy to find kids urgent care in the evening or on weekends with After Hours Clinics
equipped with x-ray and lab. And if you are worried in the middle of the night, you can also call our all-night phone nurses.
Austin Regional Clinic Pediatricians share a preventive approach to medical care and support immunizations, agreeing that for the safety of newborns and other immuno-compromised patients, we accept only new patients who have been vaccinated. (Read more about our vaccination policy and schedules)
Back to Top