Telemedicine visits for primary and specialty care
Austin Regional Clinic offers telemedicine visits for primary and specialty care. Doctors can evaluate you for a new health issue or follow up with you via a phone call or video visit from the comfort of your home. The charge is the same as an in-clinic visit.
Pre-op telemedicine visits for drive-up testing
If you are scheduled for surgery with an ARC physician, they can enter your lab order for drive-up COVID-19 testing. If you are scheduled for a surgery or procedure by a non-ARC physician, you can book a telemedicine visit with an ARC physician and get your pre-op COVID-19 drive-up testing at ARC. We make this service available to new and established ARC patients.
How to book a telemedicine visit?
When you book your visit in any of the ways below, express your preference for a telemedicine visit:
- Log in to your MyChart account on your computer or phone and choose Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
- Visit our Help Me Book page and follow the questionnaire
- Call your clinic anytime 24/7 and press “1”
Who can book a telemedicine visit?
- Established ARC patients
- New ARC patients
Telemedicine visit instructions
Video visits work best on a mobile device using the strongest signal you have in your location - either cellular/mobile or Wi-Fi.
- If you prefer a desktop or laptop, you can test your connection by tapping the ”Test Video” button.
- If your cellular signal is strong, it is often best to turn off Wi-Fi in your smartphone settings.
You do not need ARC MyChart. These video visit instructions are also available on our MyChart Tips page. Your video visit will use the camera, speakers, and microphone on the device you use.
- Use the right device: This may be a mobile phone, tablet, or computer where you can receive a text and is equipped with a camera and audio tools.
- Complete pre-visit texts and Pre-Visit Steps: If you are new to ARC or have MyChart, we ask you to verify your demographics and insurance information, complete or sign needed forms and questionnaires, and update medications and allergies.
- Allow calls from your ARC clinic: Please make sure your ARC clinic phone number is in your phone’s contact list so you do not miss the call. We will call you when your doctor is ready to instruct you on the next steps. Be sure to end the call before starting the video.
- Click the link: Your care team will text a link to your mobile number when they call you with instructions. Turn on “do not disturb” on your device. You do not need ARC MyChart.
- Take your vitals: If you are able to do a home blood pressure reading, please do so and report it to the medical assistant or nurse at that time.
- Please be patient: Just like in the clinic, we will try to call you as close to your visit time as possible.
Rescheduling or canceling
If you must cancel this appointment, it is best to do so from your ARC MyChart account at any time. If you do not have MyChart, please notify us online at least 24 hours ahead of time to cancel an appointment or call your clinic within 24 hours.
Thank you for trusting us with your care.
On-demand, 24/7 televisits with NormanMD
Sometimes you can’t wait to talk to your nurse or your doctor, and you want immediate medical advice from an ARC doctor who has access to your records. We have a convenient telemedicine subscription service that gives you direct and immediate access to an ARC doctor 24/7/365. Sign up and instant message or video chat with one of our doctors immediately.
Learn more at NormanMD.com