With Caretaker Access, your loved one’s healthcare information is easily accessible via your own MyChart account. Two options are available, child caretaker access, and adult caretaker access.
- Fill out either the MyChart Child Caretaker Form if you are requesting access to a child’s account between the ages of 0-17, or a MyChart Adult Caretaker and Authorization ROI Form if you are requesting access to an account of a loved one over the age of 17. In order to comply with the national HIPAA law protecting patient healthcare privacy, the corresponding form must be filled out regardless of your relationship to the patient.
- Once access has been granted, your loved one’s MyChart accounts will display in folder tabs on the top of the page.
What You Will See
Child caretaker access applies to dependent accounts for children between the ages of 0-17. Once you are granted child caretaker access to your child’s account, the amount of access to your loved one’s account will depend on age.
Please note the following age range limitations for MyChart. These age range limitations do not affect any legal right you have to access your child’s record by other means. To request a paper copy of your child’s record, contact your child’s primary care clinic or download the Release of Information form.
- AGES 0-11: You will be granted full access to your child’s MyChart record.
- AGES 12-17: Minors have the right to consent to certain health care without parental consent under the Texas Family Code. HIPAA requires the physician to maintain the confidentiality of the care provided to a minor under those conditions. Proxy access for patients in this age group will provide parental access to include the following areas:
- Immunization records
- Appointment scheduling and viewing of future and past appointments
- Lab Results, excluding sensitive test results
- Clinical Messaging
- Billing Summaries for account guarantors
- AGE 18: You will no longer have access to your child’s MyChart record.
Adult caretaker access applies to access to accounts for adults over the age of 17.
- Once you are granted Adult caretaker access you will have full access to your loved one’s MyChart record.