If you need to refill a prescription, please contact your pharmacy first. After you have contacted your pharmacy, they will then contact us. Routine refills will be called back to your pharmacy within two business days. We are not able to call in your pharmacy refills in the evenings or weekends.
When requesting a prescription refill, please make sure to give us plenty of notice before your current medication supply runs out. We can serve you better when we are given a notice of at least two business days.
If your prescription is completely out of refills, you will need to renew your prescription in an appointment with your doctor.
To schedule an appointment for a prescription renewal:
- Schedule directly at MyChartARC.com if you have an ARC MyChart account.
- List the prescription(s) you would like renewed in the “Symptoms” field.
- Request your appointment online at ARCAppointments.com.
- Indicate the prescription(s) you would like renewed in the "Reason for Follow-Up" or “Additional Comments” field.
- Call your doctor’s office 24/7 and press “1” to speak to a scheduler.
- Let your scheduler know the prescription(s) you would like to renew.
Controlled Medication Refills
Contact our office five business days prior to needing a refill for controlled substance and narcotic prescriptions. Our staff will notify you when your prescription is ready to be picked up at your doctor’s office. These kinds of prescriptions require more paperwork and complexity than routine prescriptions.