Participate In A Trial
Are you interested in a particular study opportunity? For more information on how to participate in a study, please contact our ARC research team at 512-225-5931.
Your Participation Matters
Research volunteers help transform the future of healthcare, and you can take part today. Your participation is at the heart of improving healthcare for millions.
People like you volunteer to participate for a variety of reasons:
- Research studies offer hope for many people and contribute significantly to advancing the quality of medicine
- Access to new research treatments that may not be widely available
- Additional care and attention from the ARC research staff
- Knowledge about your health
If you are interested in participating in a research study, you may be offered the following at no cost:
- Study medication
- Study-related care and evaluation from doctors & nurses
- Compensation may be available on a study-by-study basis.
Rights Of Participant
As a research participant at Austin Regional Clinic, you have the right:
- To be told that you are being asked to participate in research.
- To be told the purpose of the clinical research.
- To be told what will happen during the study, what you are being asked to do, and how long it will last.
- To understand what part of the research is experimental.
- To be told about all possible risks, side effects, and discomforts you might expect if you decide to participate.
- To know about other options available if you decide not to participate.
- To understand how your personal information will be kept private.
- To withdraw from the study or refuse to participate at any time without penalty.
- To an informed consent discussion. This means the researcher should explain the whole study to you and then, without any pressure, allow you time to make the right choice for yourself.
- To receive a copy of your consent form and information about who to contact if you should have any questions.