My career choice was heavily influenced by my father, but even so, I cannot imagine myself being anything but a surgeon. I believe that when treating a disease, no matter how serious, a doctor and patient form a close relationship built on mutual trust and understanding of the challenges that may lie ahead. I am convinced that an understanding of the treatment plan is crucial to making an appropriate decision by both the physician and patient.
enjoys being with his daughter and two dogs. He also enjoys reading and spending
time concentrating on personal fitness and cooking.
Professional Positions and Honors
- "Rising Star," Texas Monthly, 2013
- Member, ARC Executive Board
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Intern of the Year during his medical internship
Request an Appointment with Semyon (Sam) Gambarin, MD