It is an honor and a privilege to serve children and their families and walk hand-in-hand with them during the journey of infancy, childhood, and adolescence. I thank you for entrusting me with the care of your child. Together we will monitor development and growth, focus on prevention, and identify illness to foster your child's health.
Dr. Avila Edwards will be leaving ARC. Her last day seeing patients at ARC is on
June 15. Please see below for physicians she recommends to new patients wanting to
establish care at ARC.
Dr. Avila Edwards offers ear piercing to patients 3 months
and older, generally after the first two rounds of childhood vaccinations have
Dr. Avila Edwards' rock and foundation are her family. Her favorite pastime is spending time with her husband, daughter, and son. She also loves running with her dog Boston, being outdoors, and playing the violin and piano.
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Avila Edwards’ strong interest in childhood obesity is reflected in her positions and honors:
- Chapter Chair and Member, Texas Pediatric Society, Texas Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, 2016
- President, Texas Pediatric Society, Texas Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, 2012-2013
- Editorial Board Member, American Academy of Pediatrics Healthy Active Living for Families Project
- Contributing writer, “Clinical Care of the Child with Obesity,” published by McGraw Hill Education, December 2015.
- Committee Member, Texas Medical Association Council on Science and Public Health. Scholar, Texas Medical Assocation Leadership College, 2011-2012
- Member, Travis County Medical Society and TCMS delegate to the Texas Medical Association.
- Alternate Delegate to the Texas Medical Association House of Delegates, Travis County Medical Society
- Secretary, Texas Pediatric Society Executive Board 2009-2011
- Co-chair, Texas Pediatric Society Legislative Committee 2008-2011
- Chair, Texas Pediatric Society Obesity Committee, 2006-2011
- John Covert Watson Award for Vision, Children in Nature, 2011
- NICHQ Grant Recipient, Mobilizing Healthcare Professionals as Community Leaders in the Fight Against Childhood Obesity, Project Team Leader, 2009
- American Academy of Pediatrics Special Achievement Award, 2007, 2008
- Texas Pediatric Society Executive Board Award, 2006
- Member, Texas Medical Association
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Advisory Board
- Member, Hispanic Physicians Association
General Pediatric Information:
Childhood Nutrition and Obesity:
Parenting and Child Development Books:
- Touchpoints by T. Berry Brazelton
- Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems by Richard Ferber MD
- The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp MD
- A Parent's Guide to Childhood Obesity: A Roadmap to Health by Sandra Hassink
Request an Appointment with Kimberly C. Avila Edwards, MD