What is Medical Nutrition Therapy?
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT), is an evidence-based medical approach to treating certain chronic conditions through the use of an individually tailored nutrition plan. This nutrition plan is provided by a registered dietitian and ARC certified diabetes care and education specialist.
Call 512-483-9595 to learn more about the program and get started.
What You Receive with MNT
- Meal planning/carbohydrate counting for diabetes
- Low FODMAP elimination/reintroduction diet for irritable bowel syndrome
- Nutrition education for cardiovascular issues such as hypertension, dyslipidemia, heart disease, and congestive heart failure
- Nutrition modifications for chronic kidney disease
- Assistance with increasing calories and protein for needed weight gain/healing
- Meal planning for weight loss
- Gestational diabetes education
Additional topics covered for people with diabetes by our RD/CDCES:
- Explanation of what diabetes is and how nutrition and lifestyle factors affect your health and blood sugar control
- Additional education on diabetes self-management skills
- Review of your blood sugar monitor results and how it relates to goal blood sugar and A1C values
- Interpretation of Continuous Glucose Monitor results
- Personalization of carbohydrate counting and medication timing to improve blood sugar management
- Physical activity/exercise guidelines to help improve insulin resistance
What to Expect
- Reductions in A1C levels for patients with Diabetes
- Lower blood pressure in adults with hypertension
Please call your insurance company to learn more about your coverage for our services.
Request an appointment online or by calling 512-483-9595 to learn more about the program and get started.
Locations & Providers
6835 Austin Center Blvd
Austin, TX 78731