What is Medical Nutrition Therapy?
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT), is an evidence-based medical approach to treating certain chronic conditions through the use of an individually tailored nutrition plan. This nutrition plan is ordered and approved by a primary care physician and implemented by a registered dietitian.
What You Receive with MNT
- Meal planning/carbohydrate counting for diabetes
- Low FODMAP elimination/reintroduction diet for irritable bowel syndrome
- Nutrition education for cardiovascular issues such as hypertension, dyslipidemia, heart disease, and congestive heart failure
- Nutrition modifications for chronic kidney disease
- Assistance with increasing calories and protein for needed weight gain/healing
- Meal planning for weight loss
- Gestational diabetes education
- For pregnant women:
- Overall nutritional needs during pregnancy based on the individual and trimester
- Breastfeeding education along with nutritional needs and techniques to support milk supply/boost supply
- Postpartum weight-loss plan
- For children:
- Meal planning for weight loss in children/adolescents
- Customized meal options for picky eaters
What to Expect
- Reductions in A1C levels for patients with Diabetes
- Lower blood pressure in adults with hypertension
Request an appointment online or by calling 512-483-9595 to learn more about the program and get started.
Locations & Providers
6835 Austin Center Blvd
Austin, TX 78731