If you live in or around Austin we have pediatricians near you. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see a complete list of ARC pediatric doctors and clinics in:
Selecting a Pediatrician
When selecting a pediatrician there are several factors you should keep in mind:
- The location of the pediatrician’s office; is it convenient to your home, work, or your child's daycare?
- Is the pediatrician board certified?
- Is there same-day and after hours availability?
- Are there other pediatricians available to see your child when your pediatrician is not available?
- Is there a patient portal with the ability to message your child’s doctor and nurse, book appointments, and view medical records online any time?
- Can you call the office after the kids are in bed to book an appointment?
The pediatricians at Austin Regional Clinic share a preventive approach to medical care and support immunizations, agreeing that for the safety of newborns and other immuno-compromised patients, we accept only new patients who vaccinate. (Read more about our vaccination policy)
Together our pediatricians and clinical staff work as a team, using the ARC philosophy of coordinated care. You can choose from a diverse group of doctors in a clinic close to your neighborhood, and also can be seen at any clinic in our network
In accordance with the preventive approach, we follow the recommendation of the Academy of Pediatrics to perform well checks; 12 well baby checks before the age of 3, then one well child check a year from ages 3 through 18 years. Handouts specific to every well-check are available to view and download below.
Same-Day and After Hours Appointments & Phone Nurses 24/7
We know you can’t schedule when you child is ill or injured, so we make ourselves available to you everyday, 24/7. If your child’s doctor cannot see your child when he or she is ill, one of our partners at any location will see your child for a same-day visit and have access to their medical records. We also make it easy to find care in the evening or on weekends with After Hours Clinics equipped with x-ray and lab. And if you are worried in the middle of the night, you can also call our all-night phone nurses.
Meet & Greet with ARC Pediatricians when Preparing for You Baby
ARC Pediatrics is pleased to offer special Meet & Greet events in all of our locations to help you choose a doctor for your newborn. A prenatal pediatric meet & greet is an excellent opportunity for you to meet the physician who will care for your child and start developing a rapport. We encourage you to ask about the doctor’s philosophy of caring for infants, children and teens. This also gives you a chance to learn details about our 24/7 phone nurses and same-day and after hours visits.
Prenatal pediatric meet & greets are a free service. For help locating the meet & greet closest to you, please refer to the map below or call 512-ARC-INFO (512-272-4636).
Easy Ways to Book an Appointment with a Pediatrician or Speak to a Nurse
- New and established patients can visit ARCbooknow.com or click the [Book Now] button on your doctor’s bio page to book directly into the pediatrician’s schedule.
- Login to your MyChart account to book an appointment via the patient portal
- Call your clinic and press “1” any time 24/7 and book your appointment with a live person
- Call your clinic and press “4” to speak with a nurse any time day or night