Austin Regional Clinic is currently recruiting healthy children ages 12-17 for a COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial.
COVID-19 cases and deaths continue to rise in the United States and throughout the world. The COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial is intended to prove the safety and efficacy of the vaccine, providing the public immunity against COVID-19. Each and every person involved in clinical research plays a powerful role. Volunteering for this study can make a difference as we try to find potential vaccines to prevent COVID-19.
Research standards are very strict, which helps ensure risks are minimized. Each study we conduct has already been reviewed by teams of government and research experts to be certain that benefits outweigh any study risks. ARC has decided to be involved in this research study because we think it can potentially benefit our patients.
ARC has enrolled over 200 adults in the study to date and is no longer seeking adults for this study. Effective November 1, 2020, we begin enrolling healthy children ages 12-17.
People who have had a known positive case of COVID-19 or who are immunocompromised are not eligible to participate. The study procedures for children 12-17 years old are similar to that of the adults, including a vaccine series of two shots and months of follow up.
This study involves comparing an investigational (study) vaccine, given by injection, against a placebo (injection with no active ingredient) to see if the vaccine can prevent COVID-19.
If you’d like to see if you qualify, please contact our research team. You can call our ARC Clinical Research team at 512-225-5931, or fill out our Clinical Research interest form online.
What to Expect
- The first visit includes:
- Informed consent (where you learn all about the study)
- Evaluation for inclusion in the study (enrollment)
- Exam and lab tests
- Study Intervention (vaccine or placebo which is blinded)
- Learning about the responsibilities for using a symptom diary and when to call if there are any problems.
- Staff and patients are required to wear surgical masks
- Your health will be evaluated at each appointment by our research nurse and physician
- All study-related care and evaluations will be at no cost to you or your insurance
- You will be compensated for your time and contributions to the clinical study
Spots are limited! Contact our ARC Clinical Research team at 512-225-5931 if you would like more information or click the Request to Participate link below and complete the research inquiry form.
Request to Participate