These folks are definitely bonafide ARC healthcare heroes!
September 21, 2020
This past Saturday, members of the ARC Purchasing team came into work on their day off to help ARC fight the flu. Did they give shots? No, but they were on hand to receive our flu shipment, get it in to inventory, and have it ready to send out to the clinics on Monday morning. We want to recognize these healthcare heroes who went above and beyond to help care for our patients. They are true ARC Flu Fighters!
Why is the flu vaccine important?
Although we recommend that you get a flu vaccine every year, this year it is especially important as it is likely flu viruses and the virus that causes COVID-19 will be spreading simultaneously. Protecting yourself against flu allows your body’s immune system to fight other viruses.
ARC is offering four types of flu vaccine and three easy ways to get it
Types of flu vaccine offered:
- Regular Fluzone flu shot (QIV*): Approved for people ages 6 months and older
- Preservative-free flu shot (QIV*): Approved for pregnant women and ages 6 months and older
- FluMist® (QIV*): Offered for children who wouldn’t otherwise receive an influenza vaccine
- Flublok (QIV*): Approved for all 50 years and older, including 65 years and older. Learn more.
*Quadrivalent vaccine (QIV): protects against 4 viruses including two influenza A viruses and two influenza B viruses
Flu shot appointments now available in three ways:
- In flu clinics (see schedule)
- In-office with a visit to your physician
- Curbside in your car
How to book your flu shot appointment: at a flu clinic, curbside, or in another visit
Be a Flu Fighter, schedule your flu shot today.