Focus on prevention and surgeries at ARC
- NEW services for teens, sleep apnea -
May 08, 2020
For appointments, call 512-ARC-INFO (512-272-4636)
May 8, 2020 - Austin Regional Clinic (ARC) turns its focus to catch up on preventive care and provide surgeries in this “safer” window; expects COVID-19 to stay with us for some time, resulting in fluctuations in cases. New and expanded services include:
Vaccinations for children during the week and on well-only Saturdays
- Saturday Pediatric Well-Checks continue through the end of August at five ARC locations.
- Over 700 children have had their well-checks on previous Saturdays, keeping them healthy and safe.
- Minimizing disruption in vaccinations helps minimize risk of preventable-disease outbreaks, such as measles and polio.
- WHO warns that shutting down immunization services in the COVID-19. pandemic risks triggering a resurgence of diseases that can be prevented with safe and effective vaccines.
- Regular clinic hours also available for pediatric appointments.
- ARC Pediatric chiefs available for interviews.
Drive-up rapid COVID-19 testing for pre-operative procedures
- ARC has resumed many in-office and hospital procedures paused due to COVID-19.
- ARC now offers COVID-19 Rapid Testing for pre-operative procedures, required for patients scheduled for surgeries, helping streamline the process for patients.
- Procedures continue to be individualized based on patients’ needs.
- ARC continues to follow strict clinic safety processes to minimize exposure.
New treatment for obstructive sleep apnea
- Inspire Sleep Apnea Innovation is a new technique
- The only FDA-approved obstructive sleep apnea treatment device that works inside the body to treat the root cause of sleep apnea.
- Patients click the remote to turn on Inspire at bedtime; it opens airways while patients sleep, allowing normal breathing and healthier sleep patterns.
- Offered by ARC Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) physician John “Caleb” Simmons, MD, at ARC South 1st Specialty & Pediatrics
- Dr. Simmons is experienced and certified in the treatment, one of only a few physicians who offer it
- Covered by most insurance, including Medicare
- Call 512-443-1311 for an in-clinic or telemedicine appointment with Dr. Simmons
Online Medicare 101 sessions for social distancing
- All Medicare information events have moved online.
- For people turning 65 or new to Medicare or have questions about Medicare.
- Offers an overview of Medicare benefits, supplemental insurance, Medicare Advantage plans, prescription drug plans, and more.
- Includes information for those who have missed the initial Medicare Enrollment Period.
- Tuesday, May 12, 5:30-6:30pm
- Saturday, May 16, 10:00-11:00am or 1:00-2:00pm
- Online registration and information
Continuing and expanded Saturday services
- Well Woman Saturdays offered at various ARC Ob/Gyn locations. Call the Ob/Gyn clinic of choice for more information.
- Saturday hours for Rheumatology with Dr. Tina Bunch at ARC Far West Medical Tower, for issues like rheumatoid arthritis, fibryomyalgia, lupus, and more. Call 512-346-8888 for information and appointments.
- Audiology Saturday visits with Dr. Kristen Armstrong at ARC Medical Plaza Specialty, 9am-1pm. Call 512-260-1581 and press “1” to schedule an appointment. All hearing issues seen, including hearing loss assessment and fitting for hearing aids
- Extended hours for drive-up testing Drive-up testing continues to be offered 8am-5pm weekdays at ARC Far West, ARC South 1st, ARC Cedar Park, ARC Round Rock, and ARC Kyle Plum Creek.
- ARC Far West, ARC Round Rock, and ARC Southwest have extended weekday hours, 5:00-7:00pm, and now offer drive-up testing in After Hours Clinics as well, 8am-5pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Patients must have an ARC physician’s lab order before coming to a drive-up site. If someone drives up without first having an initial physician evaluation, they will be offered an ARC telemedicine appointment right then so a physician can determine whether or not a test is indicated.
- Expanded telemedicine visits for new and established patients. Complete information about telemedicine visits here.
- High Acuity Triage phone line covered completely by physicians to help patients avoid unnecessarily going to the ER. Patients call ARC clinics (press 4) or the COVID-19 24/7 Hotline (866-456-4525)
ARC continues to stress preventive measures, including social distancing, wearing a mask when out of the house, self-isolation when sick, frequent hand-washing for at least 20 seconds, avoiding anyone who is sick.
Help protect not only yourself, but the whole community.
For more information, call 512-472-4636 or visit www.austinregionalclinic.com
About Austin Regional Clinic
Austin Regional Clinic (ARC) is a multispecialty medical group committed to providing comprehensive healthcare services throughout the greater Austin area. Founded by three physicians in 1980, it now provides health care to over 525,000 area residents in 28 locations in 12 cities, including both primary and specialty care. ARC is unique to the Austin area because of the widespread locations, convenient services, and quality assurance programs. ARC patients enjoy access to such conveniences as same-day appointments, 24/7 online and phone appointment scheduling, ARC MyChart patient portal, After Hours Clinics, and nursing services through the night. Most ARC offices also offer on-site radiology and lab services and some offices offer specialty programs such as a travel clinic and Healthiness program. For more information, visit www.austinregionalclinic.com.