Can Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment Help You?
March 20, 2019
Osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) is a hands-on diagnosis and generally painless treatment that can address several conditions by correcting alignment and supporting the body's natural ability to heal itself.
For chronic conditions, a person may need to four to six sessions of OMT once a week to correct the body’s patterns causing the issues. After that, chronic pain patients usually return once every three to six months, as needed. For acute conditions, one to three sessions usually resolve the issue. OMT can be done for any age. OMT can treat several conditions, including, but not limited to:
- Musculoskeletal-related pain, including:
- sprains and strains
- back pain
- neck pain
- knee pain
- shoulder pain
- hip pain
- coccyx issues – including history of fracture causing chronic pain or discomfort
- foot pain
- ankle pain
- IT band pain
- Trouble sleeping
- Kidney immobility – this can sometimes manifest in knee pain
- Liver immobility – this can manifest itself as anxiety, irritability, or stress
- Colic in infants
- Plagiocephaly or flat-head syndrome in infants
- Ear trouble
- Torticollis or contracted neck muscles causing the head to twist to one side
- Pregnancy-related pain
Is OMT right for you?
Find out more about OMT and whether it is a good solution for you by visiting with Dr. Barbara Kiersz Mueller, DO. Book an appointment today.