ARC offers two new services for COVID-19 testing and Flu Shots
September 02, 2020
NEW AT ARC!
1-2 day turnaround in-house COVID-19 test
Curbside flu shots at six clinics PLUS in-clinic shots at all locations
September 1, 2020 – Austin, Texas – Austin Regional Clinic (ARC) continues to enhance services to meet the expectations of our patients and to provide the best care to the community.
NEW: 1-2 day turnaround for in-house COVID-19 test
- Turnaround time will be 1-2 days
- Now available at ARC clinics for ALL patients – established and new – asymptomatic and symptomatic
- Test collected and resulted in-house
- It is a PCR (molecular) test – so better than 95% sensitivity/specificity
- It is a nasal swab, not nasal pharyngeal, thus not as uncomfortable for most patients
- Test is available in the clinic or at drive-ups sites and patient still needs a physician’s order
- Insurance coverage varies, test costs $134; 25% discount applied with self-pay/cash
- Schedule a COVID-19 Telemedicine Visit at 24/7 COVID Hotline, 866-453-4525
- For more information, visit ARCcovidcare.com.
NEW: Curbside flu shots offered along with in-clinic flu shot clinics this year
- Curbside flu shots available at six ARC Clinics including ARC NOW Clinic (Cedar Park), ARC Far West, ARC South 1st, and ARC Southwest (Austin), ARC Round Rock, and ARC Kyle Plum Creek
- Appointment required for all flu shots: in-clinic flu clinics, with a doctor’s visit, or curbside in your car
- Available for established and new patients
- Curbside available for multiple family members in one car
- Flu shots covered by most insurance and Medicare
- Schedule a Curbside or In-Clinic Flu Shot at 512-272-4636 or via an ARC MyChart account
- For more information, visit ARCflushot.com.
About Austin Regional Clinic –
Austin Regional Clinic is a multispecialty medical group committed to providing comprehensive healthcare services throughout the greater Austin area. Founded by three physicians in 1980, it now provides health care to over 525,000 area residents in 29 locations in 12 Central Texas cities, including both primary and specialty care. For more information, visit www.austinregionalclinic.com.