ARC offers pre-op COVID-19 testing, Saturday visits, more…
April 24, 2020
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
For appointments, call 512-ARC-INFO (512-272-4636)
April 24, 2020 - Austin Regional Clinic (ARC) assists surgical facilities by offering pre-op COVID-19 testing to new and established patients, expands Saturday visits to other specialties, and conducts internal validation of serological testing for antibodies.
New and expanded services include:
- In-clinic and some hospital-based procedures resume
- ARC will resume many in-office procedures paused due to COVID-19.
- Procedures continue to be individualized based on patients’ needs
- ARC continues to follow strict clinic safety processes to minimize exposure.
- ARC is working directly with area hospitals and surgery centers to comply with testing protocols prior to resuming surgeries and other procedures.
- Where necessary, ARC will assist in providing testing to facilities to help streamline the process for patients.
- Internal validation for antibody test
- ARC has acquired a COVID-19 serological test that detects the body’s immune response to the infection caused by the virus.
- Test might prove useful in confirming prior exposure and potential immunity to COVID-19.
- FDA currently does not recommend using this type of serological testing to diagnose acute COVID-19 infection.
- ARC is currently doing its own internal validation of the test to measure its accuracy, to be able to advise patients more confidently and accurately.
- ARC’s internal validation is expected to be completed within the next two weeks.
- At that time, a decision will be made whether to begin offering antibody immunity testing for COVID-19, based on validation data.
- At this time, ARC is uncertain if a positive antibody test means a person has immunity and for how long they may be protected.
- Audiology Saturday visits
- April 25 – Dr. Kristen Armstrong at ARC Medical Plaza Specialty, 9am-1pm Call 512-260-1581 and press “1” to schedule an appointment.
- May 2 – Dr. Cristie Jones, ARC Kyle Plum Creek, 9am-1pm. Call 512-295-1333 and press “1” to schedule an appointment.
- All hearing issues seen, including hearing loss assessment and fitting for hearing aids.
- Saturday Orthopedic visits
- Saturdays, May 2 and 9, 8am-12noon
- ARC Medical Park Tower Orthopedics, 1301 W. 38th St., Ste. 102
- Complimentary patient parking.
- Patients will be screened for virus symptoms before appointments.
- Open for any and all orthopedic issues, including fractures, sprains, carpal tunnel, foot and ankle pain, hand and elbow pain, sports injuries.
- Onsite radiology available.
- Call 512-454-4561, press “1” to schedule an appointment.
Continuing expanded Saturday services
- Well Woman Saturdays offered at various ARC Ob/Gyn locations. Call the Ob/Gyn clinic of choice for more information. Call 512-346-8888 for information and appointments.
- Saturday Pediatric Well-Checks through the end of May at five ARC locations. Call the clinic or ARC-INFO (512-272-4636) to schedule or through ARC MyChart or ARCbooknow.com. Over 400 children have had their well-checks on previous Saturdays, keeping them healthy and safe.
- Saturday hours for Rheumatology with Dr. Tina Bunch at ARC Far West Medical Tower for issues like rheumatoid arthritis, fibryomyalgia, lupus, and more. Call 512-346-8888 for appointments
- Extended hours for drive-up testing
Drive-up testing continues to be offered 8am-5pm weekdays at ARC Far West, ARC South 1st, ARC Cedar Park, ARC Round Rock, and ARC Kyle Plum Creek.
- ARC Far West, ARC Round Rock, and ARC Southwest have extended weekday hours to 5:00-7:00pm, and now offer drive-up testing in After Hours Clinics as well, 8am-5pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Patients must have an ARC physician’s lab order before coming to a drive-up site. If someone drives up without first having an initial physician evaluation, they will be offered a telemedicine appointment right then so a physician can determine whether or not a test is indicated.
- Expanded telemedicine visits for new and established patients. Complete information about telemedicine visits here.
- High Acuity Triage phone line covered completely by physicians to help patients avoid unnecessarily going to the ER. Patients call ARC clinics (press 4) or the COVID-19 24/7 Hotline (866-456-4525).
ARC continues to stress preventive measures, including social distancing, wearing a mask when out of the house, self-isolation when sick, frequent hand-washing for at least 20 seconds, avoiding anyone who is sick. It is not just about protecting ourselves, it is about protecting the whole community.
For more information, call 512-472-4636 or visit www.austinregionalclinic.com
About Austin Regional Clinic
Austin Regional Clinic (ARC) is a multispecialty medical group committed to providing comprehensive healthcare services throughout the greater Austin area. Founded by three physicians in 1980, it now provides health care to over 525,000 area residents in 28 locations in 12 cities, including both primary and specialty care. ARC is unique to the Austin area because of the widespread locations, convenient services, and quality assurance programs. ARC patients enjoy access to such conveniences as same-day appointments, 24/7 online and phone appointment scheduling, ARC MyChart patient portal, After Hours Clinics, and nursing services through the night. Most ARC offices also offer on-site radiology and lab services and some offices offer specialty programs such as a travel clinic and Healthiness program. For more information, visit www.austinregionalclinic.com.