Antibody Testing and AI Self-Assessment Tool Available
June 03, 2020
For appointments, call 512-ARC-INFO (512-272-4636)
May 29, 2020 - Austin Regional Clinic (ARC) continues to offer COVID-19 testing for regular and pre-operative patients, both drive-up and in-clinic,and now offers Antibody testing as well. ARC has performed over 18,000 COVID-19 tests to date.
New: Antibody testing
- Now available at ARC clinics
- Needs an ARC physician’s order for a blood draw at an ARC clinic, sent to Clinical Pathology Lab (CPL).
- Insurance coverage can be variable, test costs about $50
New: Self-Assessment Tool
- ARC partners with Mediktor to provide an AI-powered COVID-19 assessment tool, available June 1 on the ARC website.
- Tool provides clear guidance to patients on the likelihood their symptoms are indicative of coronavirus infection, then instructs them on best next steps depending on level of urgency.
Ongoing: Drive-up Pre-op COVID-19 Testing
- ARC has resumed many in-office and hospital procedures paused due to COVID-19.
- ARC offers COVID-19 testing for pre-operative procedures, required for patients scheduled for surgeries, helping streamline the process for patients.
- Pre-op testing offered to established ARC patients and patients undergoing surgical procedures by non-ARC doctors.
- ARC is working with various specialty groups and surgery centers to do pre-op testing for their patients.
- Procedures continue to be individualized based on patients’ needs.
- ARC continues to follow strict clinic safety processes to minimize exposure..
Ongoing: Extended hours for drive-up testing
- Drive-up testing continues to be offered 8am-5pm weekdays at ARC Far West, ARC South 1st, ARC Cedar Park, ARC Round Rock, and ARC Kyle Plum Creek.
- ARC Far West, ARC Round Rock, and ARC Southwest have extended weekday hours, 5:00-7:00pm, and now offer drive-up testing in After Hours Clinics as well, 8am-5pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Patients must have an ARC physician’s lab order before coming to a drive-up site. If someone drives up without first having an initial physician evaluation, they will be offered an ARC telemedicine appointment right then so a physician can determine whether or not a test is indicated.
Focus - Preventive services
- Vaccinations for children during the week and on well-only Saturdays
- Saturday hours for Rheumatology
- With Dr. Tina Bunch or Dr. Anurekha Chadha at ARC Far West Medical Tower, for issues like rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, lupus, and more. Infusions also offered. Call 512-346-8888 for information and appointments.
Expanded telemedicine visits for new and established patients. Complete information about telemedicine visits here.
Online Medicare 101 sessions for social distancing
- All Medicare information events have moved online.
- For people turning 65 or new to Medicare or have questions about Medicare.
- Offers an overview of Medicare benefits, supplemental insurance, Medicare Advantage plans, prescription drug plans, and more.
- Includes information for those who have missed the initial Medicare Enrollment Period.
- Tuesday, June 9, 5:30-6:30pm
- Saturday, June 13, 10:00-11:00am or 1:00-2:00pm
- Online registration and information
High Acuity Triage phone line covered completely by physicians to help patients avoid unnecessarily going to the ER. Patients call ARC clinics (press 4) or the COVID-19 24/7 Hotline (866-456-4525).
ARC continues to stress preventive measures, including social distancing, wearing a mask when out of the house, self-isolation when sick, frequent hand-washing for at least 20 seconds, avoiding anyone who is sick. Help protect not only yourself, but the whole community.
For more information, call 512-472-4636 or visit www.austinregionalclinic.com
About Austin Regional Clinic
Austin Regional Clinic (ARC) is a multispecialty medical group committed to providing comprehensive healthcare services throughout the greater Austin area. Founded by three physicians in 1980, it now provides health care to over 525,000 area residents in 28 locations in 12 cities, including both primary and specialty care. ARC is unique to the Austin area because of the widespread locations, convenient services, and quality assurance programs. ARC patients enjoy access to such conveniences as same-day appointments, 24/7 online and phone appointment scheduling, ARC MyChart patient portal, After Hours Clinics, and nursing services through the night. Most ARC offices also offer on-site radiology and lab services and some offices offer specialty programs such as a travel clinic and Healthiness program. For more information, visit https://www.austinregionalclinic.com/ .