4 To Dos to Make Sure You Get Your Benefits
January 21, 2019
We encourage all our Medicare patients to take the necessary steps to make sure you are getting the most from your Medicare and Medicare Advantage plan this year.
That includes registering your new plan at ARC, notifying your plan of your ARC PCP, booking your Medicare Wellness Visit or Annual Physical, and making sure you know all about your plan’s benefits. Austin Regional Clinic is excited to be part of the Connected Senior Care Advantage care coordination program this year and we want to make sure you receive all the benefits the program offers.
Register your 2019 insurance plan with ARC
If you have a traditional Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan offered by Humana, Aetna, or WellCare, it is important to register your 2019 insurance plan with us so your care at ARC will not be interrupted. Here are the steps to take:
- Call 512-407-6446 to register your new traditional Medicare or Medicare Advantage Plan with us or, if you prefer, you can register online at ARCcontact.com and choose “Health Plan Update” from the dropdown menu.
- Contact your 2019 Medicare Advantage insurance company to notify them who you have chosen as your ARC primary care provider (PCP). This will assure that your health care is not interrupted.
- Humana Medicare Advantage Plans – 1-800-457-4708
- WellCare Medicare Advantage Plan – 1-800-288-5441
- Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans – we are working with Aetna to secure a direct contact, we’ll notify our Aetna patients with the information when it is available.
Book your Medicare Wellness visit or annual physical
Get off to a healthy start this new year by booking your annual physical or Medicare Wellness visit now. Book on MyChart or call your clinic any time 24/7 and press”1” to schedule.
Know your benefits
Did you know many Medicare Advantage plans offer benefits like the SilverSneakers fitness program for seniors, an allowance for over-the-counter medications, or free rides to medical appointments? Check with your plan to make sure you are taking advantage of all the benefits available to you to live your best active life.
Connect to resources
If you need help choosing an ARC doctor or understanding Medicare and Medicare Advantage, we can direct you to the right resources. Sign up for one of our free Medicare Educational Seminars. Seminars are free to attend and no reservation is required. Call 1-866-391-7582 for more information or click here to check out the list of upcoming seminars online.