17 Austin Regional Clinic Physicians Named Texas Super Doctors
What makes a doctor “Super?”
November 29, 2016
November 25, 2016 - Seventeen Austin Regional Clinic (ARC) physicians in nine specialties have been named 2016 Texas Super Doctors® by Texas Monthly magazine.
Super Doctors®, a selective listing of outstanding doctors from more than 40 medical specialties, identifies top doctors as selected by their peers and the independent research of MSP Communications. The 2016 list is published in the December 2016 edition of Texas Monthly.
MSP Communications asked more than 40,000 medical professionals in Texas to nominate one or more doctor based on one question: “If you needed medical care in one of the following specialties, which doctor would you choose?”
“We’re proud that these doctors have been recognized by their peers and Texas Monthly,” said Dr. Anas Daghestani, CEO of Austin Regional Clinic. “We know we have one of the finest medical groups in the state, including these doctors and their colleagues, and it’s great to have that validated by this honor.”
Approximately 5% of all active Texas physicians are selected to the Texas Super Doctors list.
ARC physicians among the 2016 Texas Super Doctors
- Michael Andreo, MD, Orthopedics
- Melanie Belt, MD, Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Maya Bledsoe, MD, Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine
- William Brooke, MD, Family Medicine
- Paul Bushart, MD, Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Scott Clitheroe, MD, Hospital Medicine
- Hans Haydon, MD, Internal Medicine
- Walter Kuhl, MD, Pediatrics
- Joseph Leary, MD, Ear, Nose Throat (ENT)/Sleep medicine
- Robert Lowrey, MD, Pediatrics
- Michelle Markley, MD, Family Medicine
- Amy Mason, MD, Dermatology
- Janet Mitchell, MD, Pediatrics
- Rebecca Mouser, MD, Pediatrics
- Ross Prochnow, MD, Pediatrics
- Maria Scranton, MD, Pediatrics
- Greg Sheff, MD, Family Medicine
About Austin Regional Clinic
Austin Regional Clinic is a multispecialty medical group committed to providing comprehensive health care services throughout the greater Austin area. Founded by three physicians in 1980, ARC now provides health care to over420,000 area residents in 21 locations in seven cities, including both primary and specialty care. It is unique to the Austin area because of the widespread locations, convenient services and quality assurance programs. ARC patients enjoy access to such conveniences as same-day appointments, online scheduling, after hours clinics, nursing services through the night, and access to their providers through the MyChart patient portal. Most ARC locations also offer on-site radiology and lab services and some clinics offer specialty programs such as a travel clinic and weight loss programs. Patients can also request future or same-day appointments from the ARC web site. For more information, visit www.austinregionalclinic.com.